Jan 22, 2008

Religious Diversity: It's Easier This Way!

Y'know, there's this problem about probabilities based upon contradictory historical testimonies that really makes things easy on us atheists.

Here's my argument:

1) There are 45,000 different historical witnesses to mutually exclusive religious truth claims.

2) I don't know jack dip about nearly all of them, and only a little about the rest.

3) Therefore it is easier to just be an atheist.

Now Christians could show me the evidence that defeats 2, but for pity's sake, I have television shows on I want to watch. God could have made things so much clearer by giving me my own personal revelation. I mean, history is a poor medium to reveal anything of importance, because it means I have to actually think. And who has time for that? I sure don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Greeting right back at ya from
http://atheistcamel.blogspot.com/

Nice to see I'm in good company. Keep up the good fight.

John Deering said...

"Think" is one thing, “trust" is another. I'll believe in God when He knocks on the door. Until then, He's stuck with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Should that be a problem for Him, He has an easy way to fix it. It is not a problem for me but it sure is for those who believe in God. It drives them crazy that I don’t or they wouldn’t spend so damn much time and energy trying to prove what God could do in a fraction of a second, assuming that He wanted to.

Poor God. He's just too weak to play I guess. Or He’s dead or remote. Either way, it hardly matters because from everything we can tell, dead is dead and God beat us to it…