Jan 12, 2008

Holding and his Magical Sky Fairy

I've been tracking "J.P. Holding" on the internet for a while and I came across a debate thread of his on TWeb facing off against a deist that goes by the name of John Armstrong on whether or not Jesus' historical existence can be verified. As of the moment, I've come to like Armstrong and see that his arguments are well strung together. I may even get around to sponsoring his great website "God VS. the Bible", which is also the title of his self-published book. I'd advertise it, but I'm afraid it would divert too much traffic away from the content of my scholarly work over to his site, and seeing as this is my blog, we will be strictly about advertising my publications and those of my colleagues.

I'm going to be very straightforward here, I admire Armstrong's precept: if God does exist, then his very own natural laws clearly contradict the setences of his so-called "Holy Book." I think despite the fact that I am an atheist I myself can certaintly love to appreciate a deistic worldview. And even if something doesn't make a whole lot of sense or is just blatantly inaccurate and downright false, it is important to give those things mindful consideration and intellectual courtesy.

Anyways, about Holding and the "debate." While reading the posts within this thread, I found that Armstrong presented his case in a formal manner. Holding had nothing more than deragotary remarks to spew and insisted on insulting Armstrong's intelligence. More just to show you of how much of a pompous ass "Holding" really is.

Perhaps Holding is just bottled up with emotional insecurities knowing perfectly well of just how defunct the intellectualism is on his side of the fence. I personally had my own share with Holding, which started off on the right foot to begin with, but as we got deeper into discussion, Holding turned into a snarling, rabid wolverine. And to be entirely honest, it just keeps affirming my descisions for deconverting from Christianity. Although I was emotional insecure from the secular attacks, I don't think I ever had a personal grudge against someone else to the point where I called them "morons" and "idiots" just for disagreeing with my personal beliefs. But then again, TWeb smothers Holding in praises. They just can't get enough. Holding and his website "ministry" are at top of the prime for the Christianity community as far as the internet goes. The sad reality of it all folks is that if Holding could convince them that he was Jesus Christ in the flesh, he would do a successful job of it. It's Jim Jones all over again.

Just to prove that Holding is really a pseudo-intellectual, I went skimming through those thread posts just to see if there was any good dirt I could dig up. And to my surprise, woe and behold! Holding says a mouthful right here:

Armstrong: Please answer the challenge and submit evidence that Jesus existed.

Holding: Well, I can hear him laughing at you right now.


That says it all folks: Holding hears voices in his head. It's truly no wonder why Holding acts like a complete psychopathic infant. I wish I could feel sorry for him, but it's really no use when someone like Holding is so convinced in the existence of their Magical Sky Fairy. I honeslty don't think Holding can be cured from his delusions. Then again, you can't really help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

4 comments:

John Deering said...

No one is worried about Holding except the men in white coats. He literally has to promote his own garbage theology just to get noticed. Even Jesus wouldn’t cross that bridge, and he certainly wouldn’t respect anyone who did...

Anonymous said...

I have good evidence to believe that someone connected to this blog is behind the recent spate of vandalism at freethoughtpedia. The recent edits to the brights and logical fallacies page were simply childish to say the least but seeing as they stupidly added a link to this blog on one of our pages we know they have something to do with this. Where is the bible does it tell you to vandalise atheist websites? If this continues we will contact their ip.

John W. Locust said...

That's just great, a Christian impersonating an atheist. Well, 'anonymous', nice try but if God is real he can take care of himself just fine. There is no reason to come on here and pretend you have actual lawsuits. Now go get a book on logic, idiot. Sheesh.

Brookes Slurpee said...

Where is the bible does it tell you to vandalise atheist websites?

That's a great point. In fact, where in the Bible does it say to eat three square meals a day? It doesn't, yet Christians do it anyway. What's up with that!