Jan 15, 2008

Christians think all animals can talk!

I was just recently looking through the forums at TheologyWeb.com and stumbled across something very interesting. Apparently, JP Holding's dog died recently, and so he got a new one which he decided to introduce to the morons who read his stuff. Well, get this: He posted it like his new dog was actually talking! Check this out:
Hi everyone! I thought I'd introduce myself -- I'm JP's new mascot, muse, and special little buddy.

. . .

You can ask me more questions if you want to! I'll be here all day!
Reading the responses that follow, it seems not one single Christian even so much as batted an eye over the fact that a dog was leaving messages on a web forum. It's like it was all in a day's work for them or something. Even worse, some of them actually had their pets respond!

Now of course you and I, being the rational and intelligent atheists that we are, know that these Christians actually typed the messages themselves and only attributed them to their pets. Yes, you and I know this, but I'm not so sure they know that. After all, they're the ones who also believe in a mythical story book called the Bible which relates such fantastical things as talking snakes, and talking donkeys, and a loving God who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we could be reconciled with him!

That these Christians genuinely believe that all animals can talk is more than a little disturbing.

2 comments:

John Deering said...

I’d reconcile with God but we’ve never been separated. The last time I checked, God didn’t even allow that so it must be a new policy.

Joss says "bark, bark bark", whatever that means. She's never been separated either...

Lord DoomRater said...

ROFL YIFF YIFF FURRY