Jan 1, 2008

More reasons why I left Christianity (and my brain stem) behind

Although I'm not obligated of revealing my book's entirety to this blog's audience, I felt as though my last post did not go into enough detail concerning my deconversion. So here I am to explain more of the basics of my reasoning behind rejecting religion and welcoming secular humanism. Of course if this doesn't satisfy your thirst for more knowledge on my personal life, you will have to buy my book. Sorry but this is all you're getting for free.

I would say that perhaps the most convincing reason for leaving the Christian faith was the Christian community itself and the functions of the Christian Church. Yes, it was the behaviors of other people which convinced me to crtically analyze my own beliefs and why I was a part of this strange get-together of quacks. Perhaps my preoccupation with my rigorous academic studies under Dr. William Lane Craig did not leave me time to consider what the church was truly about beforehand. I was so fixated on intellectualism I would have never thought that all of these Christians could act in such strange and bizarre ways. Reasonably I figured that the church was all about scholarly studies and discussion. After all, Christians go to church to listen to sermons about the Bible and Jesus, it made sense to my young naive self that the church was well grounded in theological studies and could withstand all alternative explanations and secular opposition. This epiphany took time to realize, but it would nonetheless convince me of my wrong presuppositions on the matter.

Once I became an active minister and member of the church community, I began to notice a growing unfamiliarity and alienating feeling from the behaviors and sermon mannerisms of both preachers and regular churchgoers. I mean literally, it started giving me stomach butterflies. I think so many people are oblivious to the behaviors of other Christians because they find comfort being together in a unified group in a comforting setting. Today, these behavioral trends seem to take only the eyes of the secular to see just how confining and mentally constricting Christian worship has been increasingly evolving over the years. So, if you are a rational person or if you are even a Christian who seeks to be objectively open minded to alternatives and new possibilities, consider for you own's sake what these video clips entail about your belief system. Enjoy:

Here is a Christian preacher attempting a healing session via telephone:






Next we have the devout Christian preacher Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church in one of his sermons on the United States of America and human infants. How any sane person could say such things is mindblowingly disgusting, sheesh.







The last video I have for you all today shows just what the meaning of "praise and worship" really is. I could never understand why churches are all bent on signing, clapping, and dancing, but it did and does gives me the creeps.







Merry Late Christmyass and a Happy New Year!

No comments: