Jan 23, 2008

Great Expectations

Applying a sound principle to God, if you take your car to an expert and the work doesn't meet your expectations, then you have doubts about the expert don't you? That's normal.

As I've said before, I expect God to do all kinds of things for me if he really loves me and exists. If I expect him to show His trustworthiness by giving me a new Ferrari, I expect him to give me a new Ferrari. Since we are rational animals and he knows that and he knows what that entails, then it is incumbent on him to act in a way that doesn't betray those labels and give me a stinkin' Ferrari, because he can reasonably expect to create doubt in us. This doubt would be a result of reasoning about him with the only facilities we have at our disposal which he provided. Therefore, if he's going to refer to himself in that way and expect us to believe him, then a reasonable expectation can be made that he would act that way. So where's my Ferrari? Huh?

If god acts in a way that causes us to doubt, he has no one to blame but himself because he supposedly made the architecture that makes up the 3 pounds of meat in our heads. I was made to expect a Ferrari. Now where is it?

Is it too much to ask for someone to do what they say? Is it too much to ask that someone walk the walk instead of talk the talk? What Would Jesus Do? What did Jesus say he would do? He said ask ANYTHING in his name and you'll get it. That obviously means I get my Ferrari. So where is it?

Good luck getting a prayer answered when its crunch time. I have a date tonight and still no Ferrari. Crap.

5 comments:

John Deering said...

I think that praying for a car might be a bit much, especially since no where in the Bible does it mention a high performance sports car. I'd try starting smaller, say a talking burning bush, or you could do what I do and fill empty wine bottles with water and wait for Him to change it into wine. I'm still waiting for that but I have high hopes for a six pack of beer I filled up last week. He's kind of a slow brew master it seems but I have faith because "God Provides" and boy could I use a drink.

Good luck with the burning bush. Remember to bring the makings of Smores on your date. That should impress her about your preparedness and babes just loves chocolate. You might even get laid without the car…

Brookes Slurpee said...

Hey, John, that's a great point! I can only wonder what would happen if--wait, did Mattchu say he had a date? He's probably taking his mom out to Baskin Robbins again.

Chaotic Void said...

Nah, Brooks... He, like, borrowed my Blow-up Doll, man.

J. P Holding said...

SHHH! GUYS! I don't want people to know that!

Chaotic Void said...

Geez, Mattchu... It's not, like, there's a god who will punish you for that...

Want some acid?