Dec 19, 2007

Why I left Christianity (and my brain stem) behind

Some people may be very curious and anxious to learn the reasons why I left the Christian religion. Well, if you never read my book in the first place, then I can see why you don't know the answer to this very important question.

So what were my reasons for "rejecting" Christianity? Eventually I figured Christianity was just complicated to comprehend, and therefore, demonstratably false. If something doesn't fit or is too big for scientific explanation, it should be rejected immediately. Speaking of which, why doesn't God provide scientific evidence for his existence that should be made apparent and easily comprehendable? Take the time to really think about it, a transcendent intelligence like the Christian God should make things simple after all. Also, the Holy Trinity? Three gods in one? That doesn't make comprehendable sense either. How can God manifest himself in three different ways yet still retain his sinlge Godenessesseness? Complexity and confusion defy the smooth flow of human reasoning, and I eventually chose to embrace this reasoning over silly superstitions such as God and Jesus. I went from complex and confusing, to simple and understandable. Or is it a simple concept that the universe has always existed being material and subject to material breakdown? Gah, well, I'd rather not think about that right now, this is about garbage, not human reasoning.

In addition for God not making things simple, there is also the Church. Televangelist churches are getting scarier and more frightening as time goes by. I mean, take a good look at this video to see what it is I'm talking about!

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=998

Watch that? Bleck. Talk about creepy and disturbing. Televangelists are getting comfortable in their little Church pues listening to people talking to themselves in the voices of unborn infants. Absolutely disturbing, sheesh. Clearly such disturbing behavior stemming from the Church gives us enough reason to suppose that Christianity is a scary, scary, scary, belief system. After all, you can read through Deuteronomy and Numbers for info on how the Jews condoned adultery, abortions, and the eating and devouring of babies.

Well, that's all I can reveal for now. For more information on my deconversion, buy my book.

3 comments:

Ryuza said...

This blog is hilarious, and makes more sense than Loftus' blog. Keep it up!

Joe E. Drollman said...

"Televangelists are getting comfortable in their little Church pues listening to people talking to themselves in the voices of unborn infants."

That's fetus. I see even an atheist as respectable as you is not safe from the linguistic propaganda of those filthy anti-choicers!

Anonymous said...

Funniness at its best. Oh and Joe 'fetus' in its Etymology going back to Latin really is "young one" or "offspring", read:A human PERSON in devolopment, not some inpersonal thing wanting of identity or rights. This is what is wrongfully implied at times when the term 'fetus' is used, particularilly in`pro-choice`circles. Those filthy de-humanizing pro-coicers and their linguistic propaganda...:P