Dec 21, 2007

Am I a slave to my sexual desires?

In my book "Why I Rejected Christianity" I write the following on my past marriage-related issues:

I was the founding president of Operation Shelter, (now called Turning
Point) in Angola, Indiana. It was an organization that seeks to give temporary
shelter to people in need, I worked day after day with the executive director,
whose’ name was Linda. She practically idolized me. She did everything I said to
do, and would call me daily to help her deal with various situations that came
up from the running of the Shelter, along with her personal problems. What man
doesn’t want to be worshipped? I guess I did. I was having problems with my own
relationship with my wife at the time, and Linda made herself available. I
succumbed and had an affair with her.

There’s so much more I’d like to say bout this, but few people would believe me. I believe she was a con artist, and she conned me. As a former stripper she had it inn for preachers, and she took out her wrath on me. Perhaps because I was a moral crusader in town and stood
against abortion and X-rated video rentals, she chose to humiliate me. Suffice
to say there are some women out there who, akin to Potipher’s wife in the Bible,
find it challenging to see if they can sack a minister, and she did.

Stupid people like the dumb Christian blogger Frank Walton have charged me of being a "slave" to my own sexual impulses. That's stupid! Anyone with a brain stem clearly knows that I am not a sex whore. Linda was the sex whore. She made me do things I didn't want to do. Let's put it in this perspective: Linda was the devil after my Christian soul. At least, that's what the circumstances where back in my years of life wasted as a devout religionist. That's just one of many problems with Christianity these days, it is a belief system bred out of a phobia for sexuality, and our wants are to be demonized. While we are dubbed the most vile of God's 'beautiful' creation, we are also to give glorification and satisification to a demanding invisible sky fairy somewhere up in the clouds hanging above our heads.

Was I ever a sexual slave? To answer such a propesterous assertion, the answer is to lay it out with a big fat NO. It logically goes without saying that I was adhering to the best of my abilities as a Christian, and like all contenders that wrestle with the obstacles of life, there are moments when even the innocent and the heroic must bleed for their passionate sufferings. The end all to the reality of the story was that I was a martyr for Christ, and alas when I discovered that I would be forever tortured and condemned by a sexphobic God, I made the bold transformation from preacher to atheist.

No comments: