Dec 29, 2007

My Story: How I learned that God does not exist

You're probably wondering how I went from fundy to smarty. Well, I was debating with some atheists one day, and one of them presented this amazing argument:

"Goddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexistgoddoesnotexist!!!!"

As convincing as that is, what really converted me was this argument that came after:

"GODDOESNOTEXISTGODDOESNOTEXISTGODDOESNOTEXISTGODDOESNOTEXISTGODDOESNOTEXISTGODDOESNOTEXISTGODDOESNOTEXIST!!!!!!!"


See that? As everybody knows, capitalization increases the truthiness of an argument, but this guy not only capitalized his second argument, he also emboldened and italicised his argument! And see all those exclamation points? Who can argue with something as convincing as that?!

And so, I saw the err of my ways, and converted to rationality.

No comments: