Dec 26, 2007

Review of "I AM LEGEND" Film

Hey everybody,

So I just got back from the latest film featuring Will Smith titled "I AM LEGEND". Overall this movie was actually very well done. What really got me in a giddy exciting mood was the scene where Will Smith conversates with the women whom just saved his life telling her about all of the deaths from the so-called "infection", to which he states:

"There is no God! DO YOU HEAR ME!? THERE IS NO GOD!"

That was probably the best part of the movie. And even before that, when Will Smith remarks that "hearing the voice of God" is "crazy talk." The movie was at its high peak during those scenes. Then, of course, lame-ass Hollywood has to go and ruin it: one of the things Will Smith says at the end of the movie is that he starts "listening" to the voice of God when stuck in a very bad situation.

Pfft! How sappy and pathetic can filmmakers get these days? To portray a very resourceful and rationally deductive scientist as a sucker for God? Absolutely pittiful. You can gurantee this knocked the film down a couple knotches as far as my rating is concerned. Overall, however, the film makes you literally wet yourself (especially me, I could hardily contain all of the soda I was drinking via nail biting and screaming) with the scary scenes of nighttime and of course those vampire-like people. If only I had been the director of the film, perhaps I would have steered it into a much more successful direction.

This film gets a half n' a two n'half out of five star rating in my book.

5 comments:

Joe E. Drollman said...

Why, bless my genes, this reminds me of a delightful little toy I heard about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nRNYG_xM2U

"There is no God, ya hear me? No God..."

It speaks the truth!

Joe E. Drollman said...

And I agree, your Rationalness Locust. The film would be much better if it were directed by you. Why, you might even be able to squeeze in a story about how a detective finds out that Christianity is a myth copied from other religions!

Jordan Munroe said...

"There is no God, ya hear me? No God..."

I try this line with Dawkins instead of God. It doesn't work too well.

"Pfft! How sappy and pathetic can filmmakers get these days?"

The better question 'How dry can an apologist blogger's sense of humer get these days?'

John W. Locust said...

Why, that Tickle Me Emo kit reminds me of myself!

IrishFarmer said...

"This film gets a half n' a two n'half out of five star rating in my book."

ROFL.